McAllister Litho Glasgow Limited (“MLG”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want to tell you how we use and protect your personal information. This includes informing you of your rights regarding your personal information that we hold.
This Privacy Notice sets out how we may use, process and store your personal information. We may get that information from you or our partners, through contracts or other legal arrangements you have with us or our partners on behalf of us, or to deliver contractual/legal obligations. In other cases, we will get that information from you with your permission and consent.
The Laws and Regulations
The laws that govern personal data in the UK are:
- The Data Protection Act (1998)
- REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”).
The independent authority that upholds information rights in the public interest in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”). Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk.
Who is MLG?
This is MLG’s registered address, company number and contact information:
McAllister Litho Glasgow Limited
170 Elliot Street
Glasgow, G3 8EX
Company Registration Number: SC439973
ICO Registration Number: Z3563773
Phone: +44 (0) 141 248 7240
MLG’s Website: www.mlg.co.uk
Information we may collect from you
MLG may collect information from you because we have a legal reason (allowed by law or under contract) to collect the information, or because you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose.
Information you give us
You may give us information about you with your consent, for example:
- By filling in a form
- Sending us an e-mail
- Applying for a job at MLG.
This information may be personal, financial, educational, or related to your employment history.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when you are buying goods or services from us, or when you are taking a job at MLG.
Information we collect about you
If you visit our website we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- Technical information
- IP addresses
- Information about what type of device you use to connect to our website
- How you interact with our website.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, any other services we provide, or from our business partners instructed to collect information on our behalf.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment, mailing and delivery services, analytics providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them as part of the service we provide you, or for legal reasons.
For more information please read our Cookies policy.
Why does MLG collect personal information?
MLG collects information for the some or all of the following reasons:
- To provide information about products or services you have shown interest in purchasing within a reasonable time afterwards, if you are already an existing MLG customer
- To provide information to you about products or services you have purchased from us, or related products or services
- To employ you or consider you for employment
- To provide goods or services to you under contract
- For legal reasons, for example, if you have entered into a contract with us
- To provide information to you about our products and services if you have consented to receive it.
What legal basis does MLG have for processing my information?
MLG may process your information because:
- We have a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- We must provide services to you after you have purchased something from us
- To comply with the law.
All of these reasons are reasons MLG may legally process the information we have about you.
Who might MLG share your information with?
MLG may share your personal information with third parties, either because you have consented to allow us to do so or for legal reasons. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- Subcontractors and third parties for the purpose of the performance of a contract that we hold with them or that we hold with you
- With third parties because you have given consent
- With third parties who provide shipping or mailing services because you have purchased goods or services
Other reasons MLG may share your personal information with a third party
If MLG or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by MLG about its customers will be one of the transferred assets of the company.
In addition, MLG will share your personal data with third parties for the following reasons:
- If MLG must comply with a legal obligation
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of MLG, our customers or others
- We will exchange information with other companies or organisations to prevent fraud or to reduce our credit risks.
Where we store your personal data
We primarily store and process your personal data in the EU/European Economic Area (“EEA”). If we do transfer your personal data outside the EEA it will be because you have consented or because we have a legal reason to do so.
Some examples of reasons your data may be processed outside of the EEA include:
- Order fulfilment
- Payment processing
- Technical support services.
If your personal data cannot be processed within the EEA, we will:
- Comply with all other data protection principles
- Where possible, be to a country that is on the list of the EU Commissions’ countries that provide adequate protections for the rights and freedoms of data subjects
- If the transfer is to the United States of America, we will use reasonable endeavours to make sure they participate in the Privacy Shield program
- Make sure we have assessed the adequacy of protections in all other cases.
Access to your stored personal data via password
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Transmission and storage of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use best practice to ensure your data is encrypted to the standard required in the GDPR to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data as it is transmitted and stored.
How long will you keep my personal information?
MLG will not retain your personal information for longer than required.
We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop using it.
We may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our customer.
What if I chose not to give you my personal information?
If the personal information is necessary in order to supply goods or services to you under a contract between you and MLG, then we will not enter into that contract or provide the services or goods if you do not give us your personal information.
MLG will respect your legal rights to your data.
|Legal right||What MLG does to protect your rights|
|The right to be informed||MLG is publishing this Privacy Notice to keep you informed as to what we do with your personal information. We strive to be transparent about how we use your data.|
|The right to access||You have the right to access your information. Please contact MLG’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to access the personal information MLG holds about you.|
|The right to rectification||If the information MLG holds about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we must also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you need us to rectify your information: email@example.com|
|The right to erasure||This is sometimes called ‘the right to be forgotten’. If you want MLG to erase all your personal data and we do not have a legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to restrict processing||You have the right to ask MLG to restrict how we process your data. This means We are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If you want Us to restrict processing of your data, please contact our Data Protection Office: email@example.com|
|The right to data portability||MLG must allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across services in a safe and secure way without this effecting the usability of your data. Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you want information how to port your data elsewhere: firstname.lastname@example.org. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to Us as the Data Controller. The data must be held by Us by consent or for the performance of a contract.|
|The right to object||You have the right to object to MLG’s processing your data even if it is based on Our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purposeless of statistics. If you wish to object please contact our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com|
|The right to withdraw consent||If you have given Us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and MLG must stop processing your data. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|The right to complain to a Supervisory Authority||You have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel that MLG has not responded to your requests to solve a problem. You can find their contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/|
Links to Other Websites
From time to time, our website may contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any such notices. Please check these notices, where available, before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
MLG may change this notice from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here and, where appropriate, notified to you in writing. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.